Examine64 Text Search is a fast and versatile text search utility. It can search both text and binary files using either ordinary text or GREP-like regular expressions, based on the standard UNIX search utility. The logical operators OR, AND, NOT and XOR can be used with a specified search proximity. Files within ZIP archives can also be searched for text.
File formats supported by the program, in addition to text files, are text files with Unix and MacIntosh line endings, Microsoft Word format, Excel, WordPerfect, HTML format (web pages) , Rich text format, PDF format (Acrobat files), XML, OpenOffice, StarOffice, Lotus Symphony and Write format.
Searches can be across multiple drives over networks or can be restricted to a single folder with the option to search subfolders. The user can also select files and folders in Windows Explorer which can then be searched by either dragging and dropping them onto the program or by using the context menu produced by the right mouse button. Files can be viewed with their associated application, the program's own fully configurable internal viewer which lets the user switch quickly between matches, or with an editor of the user's choosing.
The search results can be sorted based on a number of criteria such as number of matches in a file or the name of a file. They can be saved to disk and retrieved at a later date. They can also be sent to the user's printer.
» version 6.02 - posted on 2016-01-18
You can now search files with path names greater than 260 characters.
» version 5.01 - posted on 2010-11-26
64 bit version of Examine32 Text Search
EULA - End User License Agreement
EXAMINE64 TEXT SEARCH - PRODUCT LICENSE INFORMATION
1. LICENSE GRANT. Aquila Software grants you a limited license to use this software for evaluation purposes for a period not to exceed thirty days. If you continue using this software after the thirty-day evaluation period, you MUST make a registration payment to Aquila Software, or you must remove the SOFTWARE from your system. "You" means the company, entity or individual who is evaluating the SOFTWARE. "Use" means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the SOFTWARE. You may not modify the SOFTWARE or disable any licensing or control features of the SOFTWARE except as an intended part of the SOFTWARE's programming features. This license is not transferable to any other system, or to another organization or individual. You are expected to use the SOFTWARE on your system and to thoroughly evaluate its usefulness and functionality before making a purchase. This "try before you buy" approach is the ultimate guarantee that the SOFTWARE will perform to your satisfaction.
2. OWNERSHIP. The SOFTWARE is owned and copyrighted by Aquila Software. Your license confers no title or ownership in the SOFTWARE and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the SOFTWARE .
3. COPYRIGHT. The SOFTWARE is protected by United Kingdom copyright law and international treaty provisions. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the SOFTWARE is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the SOFTWARE will remain the exclusive property of Aquila Software and you will not acquire any rights to the SOFTWARE except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree that any copies of the SOFTWARE will contain the same proprietary notices which appear on and in the SOFTWARE.
4. REVERSE ENGINEERING. You agree that you will not attempt to reverse compile, modify, translate, or disassemble the SOFTWARE in whole or in part.
5. NO OTHER WARRANTIES. Aquila Software does not warrant that the software is error free. Aquila Software disclaims all other warranties with respect to the software, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement of third party rights. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
6. SEVERABILITY. In the event of invalidity of any provision of this license, the parties agree that such invalidity shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this license.
7. NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. In no event shall Aquila Software or its suppliers be liable to you for any consequential, special, incidental or indirect damages of any kind arising out of the delivery, performance or use of the software, even if Aquila Software has been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will Aquila Software's liability for any claim, whether in contract, tort or any other theory of liability, exceed the license fee paid by you, if any.
8. GOVERNING LAW. This license agreement and warranty shall be construed, interpreted and governed by the laws of England and Wales. You may have other rights which vary from one jurisdiction to another.
9. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This is the entire agreement between you and Aquila Software which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.